Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Breaking with the past, younger people supporting gay marriage.

I was given this today by a friend.

Usually I'd have some witty remark to go with this. I'm not feeling good, so you guys get what you get... sorry.

I have my own theory as to why the younger generation is breaking with their father's views. Their fathers are well... old. They grew up in a time where if you were gay you sure as hell didn't let anybody know. The girls grew up in a society where they probably had gay friends. If you grow up with them then you're less likely to have issues with them... unless you're just a bigot in general. Then again their mothers are siding with the daughters it seems. Maybe if the dad's weren't Republicans that had to pander to the crazies of the religious right they'd be siding with their daughters too... no way to really tell.

This has been Gwen. Your pissed off, ranting redhead. And my sick ass is going back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see them coming out and siding with the right thing to do even if their father's still have to pander.

    ReplyDelete